Monday, April 16, 2007

 

I-Report: Virginia Tech Shooting


What compelling video was submitted from a student at Virginia Tech as shots rang out. Seems CNN's I-Report is working out well.

04/17/2007 UPDATE: This from The New York Times :The most disturbing thing on the screen was the sound recorded on Jamal Albarghouti’s cellphone camera outside Norris Hall — the sharp blast of a gun or guns firing over and over. Mr. Albarghouti, a student, told CNN that he thought at first that the police were responding to a bomb threat. Ordered to the ground by officers, he kept his cellphone on and aloft as shot after shot rang out, then at 11 a.m. sent his material to “I-Reports,” a section on the CNN Web site that solicits news and disaster images from bystanders. After giving Mr. Albarghouti a contract for exclusive use, CNN put the clip on the air half an hour later under the I-Report logo. By evening, CNN.com had recorded 1.8 million hits on that clip.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?