Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Family Of Missing Boy's Mom To Sue Nancy Grace Over Suicide

Source: WKMG The family of Melinda Duckett is planning to sue talk show host Nancy Grace, claiming the CNN Headline News host contributed to her suicide, the boy's father told Local 6 News.

Grace came under fire for her aggressive questioning of Duckett on the day before she committed suicide on Sept. 8 as crews searched for her missing son, Trenton.

Grace has remained unapologetic about her questioning of Duckett, saying the woman raised red flags from the very start.

"Local 6 has just confirmed that Melinda Duckett's family is planning to sue Nancy Grace, claiming the Headline News host contributed to her suicide," Local 6's Bob Frier said. "That is according to Trenton's father, Josh Duckett."

This week, Grace was in Central Florida to work at Team Trenton and the search for the boy.

"I actually took vacation time to come down here from Court TV to come work at Team Trenton," Grace said. "I'm a crime victim myself and as opposed to going into private practice and being a public servant my entire legal career, after being profoundly affected by being a crime victim, I think every person has blessings and talents that they can use, and in my case, I feel obligated to use them to help crime victims. And that is why I am here. It is just that simple.

"Why Trenton?" Local 6's Lauren Rowe asked. "Why do you think this has captured everyone so much and yourself?"

"When I look at Trenton, just his look seems to be saying, 'Come find me, help me,'" Grace said.

Recently, Trenton's father gave Grace credit for keeping his son in the national spotlight.

"A lot of people say it is just a ratings scam, but to me, I've met Nancy Grace and I've talked to her personally while a lot of people have not," Duckett said. "To me, she is very sincere and wanting to help in any way possible and to me she is showing a great deal of accomplishment with everything she is doing."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?