Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

CNN Founder on CNN, Murdoch and the TW-AOL Merger

In an interview in Denver, Colorado, CNN founder Ted Turner was asked questions about a wide range of subjects including:

Newscorp's Rupert Murdoch: "There is one person I don't like," he said of Murdoch.
Turner lambasted Murdoch - whose net worth is $7.7 billion, according to Forbes magazine.
"He gives nothing to charity," said Turner, whose net worth is estimated at $1.9 billion."


AOL-Timer Warner merger: "There is one person I don't like," he said of Murdoch.
Turner lambasted Murdoch - whose net worth is $7.7 billion, according to Forbes magazine.
"He gives nothing to charity," said Turner, whose net worth is estimated at $1.9 billion.


CNN: Turner, 67, built his fame and fortune as founder of several popular cable channels, including CNN, TNT and Cartoon Network. He told the audience he was most proud of CNN, which he launched in 1980 because he didn't trust the mainstream news networks. "I'm curious. That is why I started CNN," he said. "Then I let my friends in on it." Turner said he spent a lot of time in Denver, once the hub of the nation's cable-TV industry, while running his Atlanta-based media company.

Read the entire article HERE.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?