Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

CBS's Katie Couric on Larry King Live: Ratings Not Important to Her

CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric was Larry King's guest Wednesday night. Below is how Katie responded to a question about ratings:

KING: But you're used to top ratings, Katie. You're the girl who owned -- you're used to being number one.

COURIC: Well, you know, when I started at the "Today Show" we were number two and, to be honest with you, I've always thought that some of the best shows we did were when we were in second place.

And, I think anyone who has worked with me would tell you that I'm blissfully unaware of ratings. Obviously if they do well and obviously if we have a big sampling the first couple of days or so it's nice to hear, "Oh, that's nice a lot of people watch." But it's just not something that I dwell on truly.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?