Friday, November 10, 2006
AC: Gray Hair Not His Choice
The Buffalo News has a short interview with Anderson Cooper who is scheduled to be apart of the Distinguished Speaker's program at the University of Buffalo on Saturday. Below is a portion of that article:Has anyone actually confused Anderson Cooper 360 with ESPN 360?
"There's like an Xbox 360 and I think ... there are a couple of 360s out there. I like to think we were the first. ... When the show started we were tossing around different ideas and someone suggested that, and I didn't have a better idea and we went with it."
Was "The Mole," the ABC reality show you hosted in 2000, a good or bad thing for your career?
"I had been doing news for like 10 years. I was working at ABC doing an overnight show and also worked at "20-20' and I really wanted a break from news. It was an interesting experience. Reality TV was in its infancy. But once 9/11 happened I wanted to get back into news and I was happy I was able to."
Many people consider you a celebrity anchor. Do you tire of the title?
"There are plenty of people in news who are far more well-known that I am. I have a nightly newscast. Beyond that, I don't know what it means."
Is the gray hair an asset in your business at your age?
"I find it odd that I have gray hair. ... It wouldn't be my choice."
Do you remember anything about being a child model?
"Not all that much. I remember wanting to do it because I was 11 years old and I wanted to earn money. And there are not many jobs an 11-year-old can get. So that was the job I was able to get."
Do you get tired at all of answering questions about your famous mother?
(He laughs.) "No. She's my mom, what can I do?"

