Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Lin on Reporting the News on 9/11/2001

CNN Reporter has an interview with Carol Lin. One of the questions deals with her breaking the news of the 9/11/2001 attacks:

- We all know your famous words "This just in, you're looking..." on September 11th. How did you deal with 9/11 after your anchor-job that morning was over?

I called my husband, and like the rest of the world, told my loved one to turn on the tv—and help me validate and understand what we’re looking at. I was then standing in the newsroom when the second plane hit and I was terrified for friends and family in New York. Fortunately every one was okay. Professionally, it was then about finding the right place in this story. We had some of our top anchors in New York carrying the live coverage. And some terrific correspondents being sent to the various crash sites. I knew within days I wanted to get as close to Afghanistan and possible. So while CNN felt it needed me anchoring various shifts during this, I made it nearly impossible for CNN not to send me. I got the call. “You’re going to southern Pakistan, along the Afghan border—Taliban country essentially. Remember, the Taliban would not allow female journalists in to Afghanistan at that time.


Read the complete interview HERE.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?