Monday, September 25, 2006
Lemon Debuts on CNN Newsroom
"Unless you read the Internet and the blogs, we never really existed together. Here we are." That's the way longtime CNN anchor Kyra Phillips opened up the afternoon edition of CNN Newsroom. Phillips was referring to new CNN anchor Don Lemon who actually debuted Saturday morning. Lemon will be co-anchoring the afternoon edition of CNN Newsroom.
UPDATE: Here's the transcript of the opening of the afternoon edition of CNN Newsroom:
PHILLIPS: Unless you read the Internet and the blogs, we never really existed together. Here we are.
LEMON: This guy was imagined. When is he going to show up? When is he coming to work? I'm here.
PHILLIPS: Great to have you. I can't wait.
LEMON: It's great to be here.
PHILLIPS: It's been wonderful getting to know you. We're going to have a lot of fun.
LEMON: Yes, I watch you all the time. I'm excited to work with such a great professional.
PHILLIPS: The feeling is mutual. Shall we go?
LEMON: Let's get going.
PHILLIPS: All right. Here we go, Don and Kyra, starting off.
UPDATE: Here's the transcript of the opening of the afternoon edition of CNN Newsroom:
PHILLIPS: Unless you read the Internet and the blogs, we never really existed together. Here we are.
LEMON: This guy was imagined. When is he going to show up? When is he coming to work? I'm here.
PHILLIPS: Great to have you. I can't wait.
LEMON: It's great to be here.
PHILLIPS: It's been wonderful getting to know you. We're going to have a lot of fun.
LEMON: Yes, I watch you all the time. I'm excited to work with such a great professional.
PHILLIPS: The feeling is mutual. Shall we go?
LEMON: Let's get going.
PHILLIPS: All right. Here we go, Don and Kyra, starting off.

