Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

TSR to go Political

In an article on Monday, CNN execs say The Situation Room will soon go political:""If you remember how we came up with the concept . . . it was the election of November 2004," Blitzer said. "I was our anchor, and we did it from the Nasdaq video screen wall in New York in Times Square. Jeff Greenfield and I could walk up and down and sort of instantaneously pop up, and say 'Let's take a look at Ohio; right now, 30% of the precincts have been counted.'

"And David Bohrman, our Washington bureau chief, who was producing our election night coverage that night, he came away from that and he said, 'We can really take this concept and go to another level of television production.'

"As we go into the political season . . . we're going to really take advantage of the capabilities. And we've got some new concepts that we're not ready to talk about publicly yet, and we're going to take advantage of some of the new technology and weave it into politics and political coverage."

The political coverage on "The Situation Room" is far from the mud-wrestling style of "Crossfire," though some of that show's regulars remain with the new one, like Paul Begala and Bay Buchanan.

"I've deliberately told them I don't want this to deteriorate into just screaming, and, you know, name-calling or anything like this," Blitzer said." MORE



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?