Friday, September 16, 2005
TW Head and News Corp Head Discuss Global Media at Conference
Time Warner chairman and CEO Richard Parsons and News Corporation chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch were a part of a discussion Friday at the Clinton Global Initiative, a conference organized by the former president to tackle issues including poverty and religious strife.
A Newsday article says several topics were discussed including the future of the network news broadcasts. Murdoch commented on that subject: "I believe that at least there will always be a national news service on one or two networks at least," he said. "It will take a long, long time for it to die, if it ever does."
The article continues,"The gathering of media moguls was not without some barbed remarks.
Parsons opened by praising CNN's global efforts, saying he thought CNN was the best-positioned company in the world.
Murdoch didn't quite agree. "I don't think he watches CNN International and I don't think anyone else does because it is so unwatchable and it's so anti-American," he said."
A Newsday article says several topics were discussed including the future of the network news broadcasts. Murdoch commented on that subject: "I believe that at least there will always be a national news service on one or two networks at least," he said. "It will take a long, long time for it to die, if it ever does."
The article continues,"The gathering of media moguls was not without some barbed remarks.
Parsons opened by praising CNN's global efforts, saying he thought CNN was the best-positioned company in the world.
Murdoch didn't quite agree. "I don't think he watches CNN International and I don't think anyone else does because it is so unwatchable and it's so anti-American," he said."

