Monday, September 12, 2005
Katrina Aftermath Big Story on CNN/I
USA Today's Peter Johnson writes: "CNN's Jeff Koinange, who usually reports from Nigeria, where he is based, was on vacation in North Carolina when the network asked him to cut the trip short and report on Katrina.
The hurricane has received huge play on CNN International and is of tremendous interest internationally, Koinange says. "I get at least 100 e-mails at the end of every day from viewers who say, 'Wow, this is America? Are you sure you're not making it up or reporting from Somalia and not somewhere else?' They simply cannot believe it."
The hurricane has received huge play on CNN International and is of tremendous interest internationally, Koinange says. "I get at least 100 e-mails at the end of every day from viewers who say, 'Wow, this is America? Are you sure you're not making it up or reporting from Somalia and not somewhere else?' They simply cannot believe it."

