Friday, September 16, 2005
Changing of the Guard For The Morning Grind
DAYAHEAD/Signing off ...
From John Mercurio
CNN Political Editor
(john.mercurio@cnn.com)
We're not good at talking about ourselves, or at goodbyes, so we'll make this brief. OK, there's no "we" here. It's just me. This is my final day at CNN. And this is my final Grind.
I've always viewed the Grind as more of a conversation than a monologue. Every morning I dug up a topic, chewed it over, wrote like I was talking to friends, hit the "send" button and hoped for the best. I've been overwhelmed by your response. Your comments, critiques, quips, complaints and praise have humbled me. For that, I'm so grateful. Thanks for giving me a great reason to get out of bed in the morning.
The Grind will continue to thrive, fueled by the able minds in CNN's political unit. Until my successor is named, seasoned vets Robert Yoon and Molly Levinson will run the show. I couldn't be more confident leaving things in their hands.
UPDATE: 10:29pm A tipster left a little tid-bit in the tip box:"One of the people mentioned to carry on with "The Morning Grind", Molly Levinson, was Aaron Browns's first personal assistant when he came to CNN, she then left and went to American Morning to work with Bill Hemmer and Soledad."
From John Mercurio
CNN Political Editor
(john.mercurio@cnn.com)
We're not good at talking about ourselves, or at goodbyes, so we'll make this brief. OK, there's no "we" here. It's just me. This is my final day at CNN. And this is my final Grind.
I've always viewed the Grind as more of a conversation than a monologue. Every morning I dug up a topic, chewed it over, wrote like I was talking to friends, hit the "send" button and hoped for the best. I've been overwhelmed by your response. Your comments, critiques, quips, complaints and praise have humbled me. For that, I'm so grateful. Thanks for giving me a great reason to get out of bed in the morning.
The Grind will continue to thrive, fueled by the able minds in CNN's political unit. Until my successor is named, seasoned vets Robert Yoon and Molly Levinson will run the show. I couldn't be more confident leaving things in their hands.
UPDATE: 10:29pm A tipster left a little tid-bit in the tip box:"One of the people mentioned to carry on with "The Morning Grind", Molly Levinson, was Aaron Browns's first personal assistant when he came to CNN, she then left and went to American Morning to work with Bill Hemmer and Soledad."

