Monday, July 18, 2005
CNN Tracking Hurricane Emily
Looks as though CNN will be providing regular updates on Hurricane Emily as it heads straight towards Mexico. Meteorologist Jacqui Jeras has been providing updates on the storm at the top and bottom of each hour Sunday evening. We'll see if the updates continue overnight.
UPDATE: 7/18 1am EDT CNN/International is being simulcasted on CNN/US. CNN/US viewers are seeing 100% CNN/I, complete with CNN/I graphics and everything. It seems Hurricane Emily is the reason for this. Not sure how long the simulcast will last. It seems CNN/US didn't want to air a rerun of CNN Sunday Night.
UPDATE: O geez, that didn't last long. CNN/US just used CNN/I for a Hurricane Emily update and Typhoon Haitang hitting Taiwan. CNN's Karl Penhaul phoned in a report from a place feeling the effects of Emily. THEN CNN/US dumped out of CNN/I coverage at 1:10am EDT and went into a rerun of CNN Sunday Night, already in progess.

