Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Author: Expect a CNN Resurgence
In an online chat session with The Washington Post, Author and Senior Scholar at the Poynter Institute Roy Peter Clark speaks about several issues. The item that caught my eye was Clark predicts a resurgence of CNN. Below is the portion of the chat in which that was discussed:
Fairfax: Why is Foxnews so popular? Why did CNN fall from grace?
Roy Peter Clark: Hello, Fairfax: The popular of Fox News grew, no doubt, from the perception by conservatives that their world view was not being represented by the mainstream press. But I think something else is going on. I, for one, don't think that Fox news slants stories very much to the right. But they seem to report the news with a greater sense of urgency and concern. And they have dominant front men who express their conservative biases directly. I predict a CNN resurgence as the political pendulum begins to swing -- very slowly -- from right to left.

