Monday, June 13, 2005

 

PZN and LK Guests Rip Grace and Others for MJ Coverage


Paula Zahn's last guest Monday evening RIPPED Nancy Grace and other "tv lawyers" for how they covered the Michael Jackson case.

The guest, who apparently is a friend of MJ thanked Paula Zahn for handling the MJ case in a professional manner. I am paraphrasing but will post the transcript when it is posted.

UPDATE: 10:55 PM EDT Here's the transcript as promised:

MAJESTIC THE MAGICIAN, FRIEND OF MICHAEL JACKSON:Michael could never let his fan's down. You have to understand Michael's fans -- that's impossible, that's totally impossible. He could -- there's nothing Michael could do to let his fans down, nothing. They are like, from all over the world. ZAHN: And he didn't let you down at all with...

MAJESTIC: Absolutely not. I've been knowing the man 22 years. I know his character. I'll tell you who let me down: Nancy Grace, Lisa Bloom, Diane Dimond -- convicted a man in the press. That's what I mean, all of them should be fired for doing what they did. It's horrible. You're reputable journalist, and you do good work. I respect you. That's why I agreed to do your show. But the rest of them, I'm telling you, they're no good.

ZAHN: Well, thank you for your generous compliment. I appreciate it, and we appreciate your joining us tonight to talk about your good friend, Michael.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson was on Larry King Live tonight and didn't have many kind words either:

JESSE JACKSON, RAINBOW/PUSH COALITION: Well, I had a queasy feeling. Really, I felt the pain, the stress. I hoped for the best, I really expected the worst. In the sense that the jury was never sequestered. And there were really two trials. There was the public media trial, and there was the courtroom trial. And then in the media trial, you had the talk show hosts, whether it was Nancy Grace or O'Reilly and a thousand others saying Michael was guilty over and over again, Court TV, Michael is guilty. And yet in the courtroom, they discern opinions and impressions from fact in evidence. And they were able to make the distinction. And I was delighted that they did, but I was not sure that they could.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?