Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Miles O'brien Says Goodbye to Live From....


Miles O'brien signed off as co-anchor of Live From...... on Wednesday. O'brien thanked the ones who works on the program. Below is the transcript of his goodbye:

O'BRIEN:And that does lead me to a quick personal note before I go today. This was my last day on LIVE FROM. Clearly, I was getting way too much sleep. And as of Monday I will be arising long before you do to report from my new assignment on "AMERICAN MORNING."

And while I look forward to that new challenge, I will also savor all the challenges we rose to here on LIVE FROM these past few years. This is a program with a small staff, a big heart, and a great sense of humor. We never ducked the serious stories, but we also never took ourselves too seriously, either.

And my thanks go to Mike Topo (ph) for setting that tone, and to all the LIVE FROM-ers who made this job such a treat -- just a few of them there. There's Mike in the purple on the right there. They made me look good.

And it is, after all, all about me. If it isn't fun, it isn't worth doing.

And by that measure -- there's Sonia Houston (ph), thank you. By that measure, it was well worth being here. I will miss working with you all. And see you bright and early Monday morning.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?