Thursday, May 12, 2005
Standing up for Aaron Brown
Source: The Huffington Post BLOG Cable Neuhaus writes: It's an awful shame that Aaron Brown needs defending at all, but the fact of the matter is that the poor guy has got more than his share of vocal critics.
I once heard Walter Isaacson, then the president of CNN, tell a small audience that Brown was the most polarizing on-air figure at the then-strugglinng network. At the time, viewers tended to either adore him or despise him. Lately, however, sentiment seems to have inexplicably shifted against the nighttime anchor.
Too bad.
It's not necessary that all these critics be silenced. In America we get to toss darts at our vastly overpaid TV-news personalities, even to name-call if that's what helps regulate our bp. But it would be nice if every once in a while someone would stand up and publicly pronounce support for Brown, who seems the very embodiment of professionalism and decency.
Therefore ... I hereby rise in defense of Aaron, anchor of NewsNight, defender of traditional news values, beleaguered face of CNN.
There, I've said it.
Read whole post.

