Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Mag: CNN is the Industry Leader in "TV's Dumbest, Meanest and Vainest Anchors"


Source: New York Daily News The No. 2 cable news network is the industry leader in "TV's Dumbest, Meanest and Vainest Anchors," a feature in the upcoming debut issue of the new, improved Radar magazine, a corporate cousin of this newspaper.

The mag's "secret industry poll" of television agents, on-air personalities and producers places three CNN anchors (Paula Zahn, Rick Sanchez and Heidi Collins) in the "dumb" category, calls one (Aaron Brown) "vain" and identifies two (Lou Dobbs and Jeff Greenfield) as "mean."

Greenfield - who has always struck me as a nice guy during the two decades I've known him - concedes the accuracy of Radar's anecdote about his screaming at an underling when he worked for ABC News.

"It indeed happened 13 years ago, and it was bad behavior. It was a useful lesson, and I'd like to think I'm not the same guy," Greenfield manfully admitted. "I don't know which is worse - being considered dumb or mean. I'd rather not be considered either."

Fox News spokeswoman Irena Briganti said only: "We wish Radar the best on yet another relaunch."

And CNN's Christa Robinson noted: "People will say anything to sell magazines."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?