Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Klein: I've seen very encouraging improvement" in Prime-time
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer Well it seems CNN Prez is satisfied with the improvements so far made to the CNN prime-time programs.
As for the network's prime-time lineup, CNN/U.S. chief Jonathan Klein plans no changes "for the foreseeable future. I've seen very encouraging improvement."
Let us count the ways.
At 7, Anderson Cooper "is having a lot of fun. He's not worrying so much about the voice of his show. He realizes he's the voice of his show."
Paula Zahn at 8 "is much more comfortable and relaxed."
And at 10, Aaron Brown "has been very flexible in thinking freshly about the show. It shows in his delivery, carriage, demeanor. He's having more fun."
We didn't forget 9, home of CNN's most popular host, Larry King, since 1985. Buzz is that new CNN Headline News bulldog Nancy Grace is being groomed to replace him. Not true, Klein says.
Grace, a frequent King sub, "is doing great where she is, and she's great for the overall CNN brand. I'm very happy with the lineup I've got. I feel no imperative whatsoever to juggle it."

