Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Tsunami Focus Of O'Brien Speech at Penn State


Source: The Digital Collegian Soledad O'Brien spoke to students at Penn State Wednesday night as part of the Distinguished Speaker Series. O'Brien spoke about the emotions she faced covering the disaster.

O'Brien said the most difficult part of covering the Dec. 26 tsunami disaster came after the interviews and reporting had ended. "I'd spend three very intense hours reporting," she said. "When I'm doing an interview, I focus on the story; I have a goal. It's not hard ... until I'm done." The hardest part, O'Brien said, were the nights she reflected on the things she had seen earlier that day. "It was very tough ... I would cry all night," she said.

O'Brien was among a handful of CNN anchors sent to Phuket, Thailand to cover the aftermath of the tsunami disaster.

Read the complete article HERE.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?