Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Grace Under Fire
Source: Orlando Sentinel Great article about Nancy Grace and her "outspoken" personality. Her new program on CNN-HLN will debut February 21. Below are some quotes from the article.
"This is not just TV," Grace says. "These are real cases we're commenting on. It's not just about a show or a program. These are real people in a real human drama unfolding in a courtroom."
"It's no secret we're looking for a little entertainment, along with information, on Court TV in our evenings," says Henry Schleiff, chairman of Court TV. "I think Nancy is the perfect host."
"I don't think I'm any part of an attack on Lady Justice," she says. "I think I'm an attack on the attack. That make sense? The counterattack."
We want somebody to be memorable," says Jim Walton, president of the CNN News Group. "You'll notice with a lot of successful television personalities, there are positive attributes with the public, and there are also a lot of high negative attributes. It's the people in the middle that don't break out."I think Nancy is going to be memorable, and that's something you want. To live within the CNN brand, you want somebody to be smart. And Nancy is very, very smart."

