Sunday, January 30, 2005
Coverage Of the Coverage: Iraqi Elections
WARNING: Commentary
Who had the best? Who sucked? I'm gonna leave that up to you. I'll admit I watched 2 hours and then hit the hay. Will say CNN had the most reporters/correspondents scattered across the region providing details of what was happening at the moment. CNN ran too many packaged stories but then again Fox did what they do best and had too many commentators/contributers on yacking.
What Fox lacked in coverage(it only had a couple of reporters/correspondents here and there) Geraldo made up with his orgasmic mood. I swear he was on something, maybe a little too much prozac. He surely didn't bother combing his hair but made sure he had that bulletproof vest on and the mighty Marines surrounding him. Can anyone really take this dude seriously after all the crap he's pulled over the years?
In the two hours I watched I asked myself what are we looking for? Sure this was a historic moment BUT did it warrant all night coverage? What were we waiting to see, a suicide bomber blow themselves up LIVE on TV? There are no exit polls to talk about. What's all the hoopla over?
Oh well ,the Iraqi elections are over with, now I guess we wait for the ratings of the coverage.
Who had the best? Who sucked? I'm gonna leave that up to you. I'll admit I watched 2 hours and then hit the hay. Will say CNN had the most reporters/correspondents scattered across the region providing details of what was happening at the moment. CNN ran too many packaged stories but then again Fox did what they do best and had too many commentators/contributers on yacking.
What Fox lacked in coverage(it only had a couple of reporters/correspondents here and there) Geraldo made up with his orgasmic mood. I swear he was on something, maybe a little too much prozac. He surely didn't bother combing his hair but made sure he had that bulletproof vest on and the mighty Marines surrounding him. Can anyone really take this dude seriously after all the crap he's pulled over the years?
In the two hours I watched I asked myself what are we looking for? Sure this was a historic moment BUT did it warrant all night coverage? What were we waiting to see, a suicide bomber blow themselves up LIVE on TV? There are no exit polls to talk about. What's all the hoopla over?
Oh well ,the Iraqi elections are over with, now I guess we wait for the ratings of the coverage.

