Monday, January 24, 2005

 

Blitzer Remembers Johnny Carson


Source: CNN.com CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer recalls his appearance on "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" in March 1991 in an article on CNN.com

As he was for millions of Americans, Johnny Carson was often the last person I saw each night before I closed my eyes.

Just imagine how excited I was when he began telling jokes with my name as the punch line during the first Gulf War in 1991 when I was CNN's Pentagon correspondent -- and when he actually invited me to join him on the set shortly thereafter.

"My next guest is a well respected journalist with a lot of expertise on the Middle East, and like a lot of journalists and reporters, he was known by his peers and his buddies but not generally known by the general public. Then came August 2 and he was thrust in the spotlight all over the world. There is probably nobody in the country who doesn't know who he is now. Would you welcome please, Mr. Wolf Blitzer," said Carson when he introduced me on March 22, 1991. MORE



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?