Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Coverage of the Monster Quake


I am referring to several sources for info on how CNN-US covered the massive earthquake that sparked the Tsunamis.

TV Newser wrote: CNN correspondent Aneesh Raman in Thailand was a major contributor to CNN's initial coverage. The network also relied on Suhasini Haidar in New Delhi and Satinder Bindra in Sri Lanka. CNN.com is the only major news site posting original reporting by its correspondents -- Fox, NBC, ABC, and CBS replied on wire copy on Sunday morning.

Some Media Line message board posters weren't impressed with CNN-US's delayed response: I found it interesting that nearly an hour and a half after this story broke, CNN is still running pretaped repeats of the snowstorm, travel woes and over and over again, the story about the guy handing out $$ at a homeless shelter BUT Fox News is running live with it including a phoner.... I guess I know where to tune for now on in breaking news situation. CNN....Crappy News Network.

Meanwhile, I caught some of CNN's coverage Sunday and was really impressed at the number of reporters/correspondents CNN moved into the area. Right now as I speak CNN-US is airing CNN-International's coverage of events in the countries affected by the tsunamis. It really bugs me that CNN doesn't air CNN-International overnight all the time.

Note: Remember the music CNN-US used as a bumper during hurricane coverage this past summer? Well it seems the same bumper music is being used on CNN-International as part of the tsunami disaster coverage. And yes this is the same music folks claim CNN stole from Fox as FNC used the music for it's Laci Peterson coverage.

Update 02:04a.m. Eastern- Looks as though CNN-US will stick with CNN-International coverage the remainder of the early morning hours until it's time for Daybreak at 4:00a.m. Eastern. It's bedtime for me. Have a good Monday.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?