Thursday, November 18, 2004
Brown Visits High School Alma Mater
Source: Sun Newspapers Aaron Brown, a 1966 Hopkins High School graduate, visited his alma mater Tuesday, coming to the Eisenhower Community Center in Hopkins to speak to a group of Hopkins students as well as some of his former teachers and other adults in the community.
During his speech, Brown reminisced about the past, talked about his journey from a shy and nerdy Hopkins High student to a still-shy CNN anchor, and some of the challenges he has faced and continues to face in his career as a journalist.
Here are a few quotes from the article:
“Even then I knew what I was going to do for a living,” Brown said. “Not one day of my life have I doubted it.”
“I told kids earlier to figure out what you want and go do it,” he said. “It’s simple. It’s not easy. There’s a difference.”
“I don’t want to express to you that there is anything remarkable about my life,” Brown said. “It’s basic cable. We don’t even charge extra for it,” he joked about CNN.

